Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 8, 2011

More about The House of the Scorpion

In my last post about this book I wrote that the original Matteo Alacran was just making a clone of himself out of spite, but recently in the book I read that he just made the clone so that he could take it's organs for transplants when he was close to dying. When I read this and that he had done this before to other clones, given them the impression that they were actually loved, I was really appalled. It is sad that someone would make a clone of them self just to harvest its body and live longer. He says the reason for doing this was because all his seven siblings died when he was young and el patron thinks he deserves to live their lives by doing this.

I think that a reason he's doing this that he couldn't say was that he was scared of dying, because he had so much in his life that would fall to ruins without him. His family would let the farm fall to ruins because they would be clueless as to how to run it. El patron knew that his last days would be the last days of the empire he spent his life building. I think that he wanted to extend his life because he wanted to spend every last second that he could creating a perfect world, even if that meant cheating death and harvesting a person who's only purpose was to die for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment