Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Mixed opinions on: The Dark is Rising

I'm about halfway through this book and I have some mixed opinions. I don't like it very much just because it doesn't really intrigue me. I don't get very interested in in but that's just my own opinion. However, I do think that it is a well written book that has a lot of strong characteristics.

One thing I have noticed in The Dark is Rising it that it often has a very surreal, almost dreamlike feel to it that is very well crafted. When Will is traveling through time, it feels like he's in a dream, which would make sense because he's not in his own world. The author, Susan Cooper, does a really good job of making the reader feel this through her writing.

I have also noticed that the emotions and moods in the book come through very well in the writing. For example, there was a scene towards the beginning when Will was exploring the forest with the rider, who was a stranger, lurking around. It was a very eerie and creepy scene in the plot and the author really made the reader feel that fear and uneasiness.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you relate your feelings with the characters, it really shows that you feel your in the same scene as them, and your deep into your book.

    ReplyDelete