Total Pageviews

Friday, February 17, 2012

Post #21: The Scorch Trails (for 3/2/12)

I've started reading the second book in the Maze Runner trilogy; Scorch Trails. I really like this book so far and I think it really ties well with the first book. There are plenty of new characters being introduced but you are still learning more about some of the original Gladers. This is really good writing craft, to be introducing characters that guide the plot along while uncovering more about the main characters.

I think that this book not only has really good detail and voice but is well thought through in the writing. The author clearly knows what he's doing and is using a lot of writing tools to create just the environment he wants. I also think that this is a really cool book to read while I'm learning about different writing crafts to use in my own writing. It's a book full of examples that can help me learn what to add to my own writing after seeing it in action in a book that I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment