Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 26, 2012

First thoughts about The Maze Runner

I just started reading The Maze Runner today and I already really like it. It's sort of a distopia world where the characters are trapped in an enclosed camp and they are surrounded by a dangerous maze. The characters all sort of lived with it and accepted that that was how there life would be until the main character, Thomas, came along.

Thomas was rebellious and was asking questions that had no answer. He ended up breaking the rules and leaving the "Glade" at night, which is a death sentence. Somehow he survived and has started a whole new way of life around the camp. I think that Thomas is a really good character because he is brave, has good morals, and is very curious. One thing that I think sort of takes away from the quality of the book is that he doesn't really have any major flaws. Of course I'm not far into the book and that could very easily change.

I'm excited to keep reading this book and finding out all the secrets about their prison-world. I hope that there is more in the book soon about the characters inner interactions with themselves and with others, instead of action and more action, which can get kind of repetitive.

1 comment:

  1. How does he have good morals if you said before he was rebellious? Anyways I like how you portray the characters traits which really shows how he is to identify. Overall I'd like to see another post on this book farther in the story, to see Thomas's change

    ReplyDelete